DIY Rainbow Multi-Strand Beads Bracelet
Create your very own must have summer accessory. This easy-to-do bracelet is our first DIY project for the October Flamingo Fiesta Box! A great creative project for tween girls.
Acrylic Beads. For this project we used 13 x clear Acrylic beads, 25 x Rainbow Stripe Acrylic beads, 35 x white beads, 35 x pastel beads, 5 x heart charms
4 pieces of Nylon Thread: three different colours if possible
Let’s go ahead and make your bracelet!
1. Using the lighter, quickly singed both ends of the nylon threads. Do 3 strands.
2. Add beads to the first thread, enough to go around your wrist. Then make a knot on the two sides (tip: keep the knot as close to the last bead as possible).
3. Do all three strands. Be creative and do a cool variation for each strand!
4. Take all three beaded strands and place them on a flat surface with the ends crossing over.
5. Take the 4th thread and tie a knot around the linking part. Then turn the bracelet over making sure the knot is underneath (tip: keeping all the loose threads tidy make the next section easier to do).
6. Pass the left thread through the right hoop (above the colourful threads) and pass the right thread through the left hoop (below the colourful threads). Tip: watch carefully where the right and left threads are positioned in the pictures.
7. Tighten the knot. Now you are going to do the reverse to the above steps.
8. Pass the left thread through the right hoop (below the colourful threads) and pass the right thread through the left hoop (above the colourful threads).
9. Tighten the knot. Now you are going to do step 6 & 7 again, followed by step 8 & 9 again until you have created 4 to 5 knots.
10. Cut off the excess thread and smooth ends with the lighter (tip: very carefully singe both ends of the excess threads together to prevent them from loosening up).
11. Make a knot on each end of the colourful threads. Then cut off the excess. You may smooth the ends with the lighter if desired.
NOW YOU ARE READY TO WEAR YOUR GORGEOUS SUMMER ACCESSORY! SHARE YOUR CREATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND TAG US #POPSICRATE .